June 2016 was a new time. I was starting in a new role at Camp, and that was hard. I was learning to be a leader. I was also transitioning from college student to whatever comes next, which was harder than I anticipated. I was in some weddings for friends, which was so fun. June 2016 was the busiest I had been in a long time.
Here is what I learned during that time –
- “Leading means relinquishing the right to being told what to do.” – this is from my wise Camp boss, and it was good and hard for me to learn.
- If you are grumpy or in “a mood,” either talk about it or get over it. Being elusively grumpy is dumb and annoying and unproductive.
- You cannot control humans.
- But you can influence them.
- It’s hard to lead people if you don’t love them.
6. When you are sleeping somewhere with no AC, end your shower with cold water. You will start sweating again as you exit the shower.
7. If shoes are less than comfortable when you try them on, they will be painful when you wear them for an entire day.